Registration Fee Table
Click here for conference/workshop registration.
Each paper/poster must have at least 1 dedicated registration by July 12,2019, otherwise it will not be included in the conference program and proceedings.
A student cannot register at the student rate if she/he is the only author who registers for an accepted paper.
If an author is an ACM/SIGBio member or ACM/SIGBio student member, he/she will get a discount, as specified in the following table.
Extra page charges: $100 per page (up to 2 pages).
- For registration using checks, please make the checks payable to ACM and send the checks to:
Department of Computer Science
Virginia Commonwealth University
401 West Main Street, Room E4225
Richmond, Virginia 23284-3019
Cancellation requests received on or before August 9, 2019 are fully refundable less a processing fee of 10% of the amount paid. There will be no refunds after August 9, 2019. All cancellation requests must be in writing via email to email@example.com.
For further questions regarding registration, please contact Dr. Preetam Ghosh (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Conference registration covers the workshop costs.
||By July 12th, 2019
|Student ACM/SIGBio Member
|Student Non-ACM/SIGBio Member
|Saturday only for ACM/SIGBio Members
|Saturday only for ACM/SIGBio Student
ACM-BCB 2019 will be held at:
- Conference and Event Center Niagara Falls
- 101 Old Falls Street
- Niagara Falls, NY 14303
Reservations can be made with
Sheraton Niagara Falls at this link
Phone: +1 716-285-3361
Toll-free: +1 716-285-33613
Maps and Transportation: https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/iagaf-sheraton-niagara-falls/
We would be happy to send you a visa support letter if you need one to attend ACM-BCB 2019.
These letters must come from ACM, and you can find the information to request your support letter at https://www.acm.org/special-interest-groups/volunteer-resources/conference-manual/visa-support-letters.
From the aforementioned link:
The Association for Computing Machinery does not issue formal invitation letters for visas to attend ACM sponsored conferences. We can however issue a visa support letter.
For visa support letters, refer all requests to email@example.com. Please allow up to 10 business days to receive a letter. All requests are handled in the order they are received. The information below should be included with the request:
- ACM is able to provide visa support letters to attendees as well as authors with accepted papers, posters, or members of the conference committee.
- Your name as it appears on your passport
- Your current postal mailing address
- The name of the conference you are registering for
- Your registration confirmation number
- If you have any papers accepted for the conference, please provide the title and indicate whether you are the “sole author” or a “co-author”
- Authors may indicate their paper title. If no paper, speakers can provide the title of their presentation
ACM does not provide letters for transport of vendor or presenter equipment. ACM suggests shipping the materials insured to the conference facility.
NSF-Sponsored Travel Award
NSF has approved a travel grant to support up to 15 students and post-docs(who graduated after January 1st, 2019) in US-based institutions with up to
$1,000 each. To apply for this travel award, please submit application as instructed below:
Pre ACM-BCB 2019 Application Package:
- Pre ACM-BCB 2019:
By 5 P.M. US EDT on September 5, 2019, all US-based institution students who are
interested in this travel award, need to submit an application package with two REQUIRED files.
files to be qualified to participate in the NSF-sponsored student forum.
- During ACM-BCB 2019
On September 8, 2019, there will be a NSF-Sponsored Student Forum in Cascade 2 Room. Time: 4:30pm-6:00pm EDT. A committee will listen to all presentations on NSF-forum. 15 candidates will be awarded.
- Post ACM-BCB 2019
As a new requirement by NSF, all travel award grantees need to provide
Testimonials/Outcomes summary for the conference they attend. Thus, the top 15
candidates need to confirm the acceptance of the $1,000 NSF travel award by submitting
a 2-page summary on what they have learned during the ACMBCB2019. Then travel
reimbursement paper work will start.
All students who are from US-Based institutions are welcomed to submit an application package
to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email subject line should follow the format:
ACMBCB2019 NSF Travel Award Application from FirstName-LastName_InstituteName.
The whole application needs to include one PDF file, and one PPT with distinctive naming
convention: FirstName-LastName_InstituteName_File-xx.pdf and FirstName-LastName_InstituteName_File-xx.ppt.
Application Deadline: 5 PM, US-EDT, September 5th, 2019
- One PDF file (please use the file template provided
use .docx file to create the pdf) should include:
- An ACMBCB2019-Related Research or Teaching-Education Project Abstract
- This abstract should be a 1-page NSF-style summary describing “a research project”
or “a teaching-education experience” relating to bioinformatics, or computational
biology, or health informatics. Please summarize ‘Intellectual Merit’ and ‘Broad
Impact’ as defined by NSF; and
- If you have a co-authored paper or poster in ACMBCB, please provide the title.
- A Bio-sketch and A Photo (250 Words) as in the template provided.
- A Verification of Good Academic Standing in Applicant’s US-Based Institute from
the applicant’s advisor/mentor (for graduate students), or department program chair (for
high school or undergrad students).
- One PPT presentation file (please use the file template provided<
/a> )should include:
- 2-slide to share your abstract summary on an ACMBCB2019-related “research project”
OR “teaching-education experience”; and
- 1-slide to share why you attend ACMBCB2019.
NSF-Sponsored Student Forum Presentation: 4:30 PM, US-EDT, September 8th, 2019
NSF Travel Award Selection Notification: September 17th, 2019 (Tuesday)
Confirmation of Acceptance: September 24th, 2019 (Tuesday)
Proceeding with Travel Reimbursement: After September 30th, 2019